Salary Package account is a special savings account offered to salaried customers which provide unique benefits and services, as well as seamless access to the most advanced and secure Net Banking and Mobile Banking services. For more details, please visit Salary Account.
- 1. What is a Salary Package account?
- 2. What are the benefits of a Salary Package account?
Each Salary Package account offers unique benefits and services to the customers. Here are a few benefits available on our Salary Package Account:
- Zero Balance Account
- No Monthly Average Balance charges
- Employee Reimbursement Account (Reimbursement Current Account)
- Auto Sweep Facility
- Free Debit Card with exclusive benefits
- Unlimited number of transactions across SBI / Other Banks’ ATM
- Waiver of issuance charges on Demand Draft
- Waiver of issuance charges of Multi City Cheques
- Complimentary Personal/ Air Accidental Insurance cover
- Competative Interest Rates on Personal Loans, Car Loans and Home Loans.
- Overdraft facility as per eligibility
- Concession on annual locker rental Charges as per eligibility
For more details, please visit Salary Account.
- 3. What are the different types of Salary Account Packages being offered by SBI?
SBI offers an entire range of Salary Account Packages crafted to suit the needs of varied sectors as under:
- Central Government Salary Package (CGSP
- State Government Salary Package (SGSP)
- Railway Salary Package (RSP)
- Defense Salary Package (DSP)
- Central Armed Police Force Salary Package (CAPSP)
- Police Salary Package (PSP)
- Indian Coast Guard Salary Package (ICGSP)
- Corporate Salary Package (CSP)
- Start-up Salary Package Account (SUSP)
For more details, please visit Salary Account.
- 4. What is Central Government Salary Package?
A special savings account offered to employees of Ministries and Departments of Central Government including Defence civilians, employees of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), National Bank for Rural and Agricultural Development (NABARD) and Autonomous Bodies/ Academies/ Councils listed in GOI Directory (https://goidirectory.nic.in) and CAG of India website (http://www.saiinida.gov.in). For various benefits under CGSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 5. What is State Government Salary Package?
A special savings account offered to employees of State Government and Union Territories and regular employees of Boards in States and Union Territories etc. For various benefits under SGSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 6. What is Railway Salary Package?
A special savings account offered to employees of Indian Railways, Kolkata Metro, Konkan Railway Corporation, Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd, Mumbai Metro, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited, Lucknow Metro, Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India and other forthcoming Metro Rail Corporation. For various benefits under RSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 7. What is Defence Salary Package?
A special savings account offered to personnel of Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Assam Rifles, Rashtriya Rifles, Special Frontier Force, General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF) and Border Roads Organization. For various benefits under DSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 8. Kindly change “What is Para Military Salary Package?” to “What is Central Armed Police Force Salary package (CAPSP)?
A special savings account offered to personnel of Central Armed Police Forces viz., Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), National Security Guard (NSG) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Personnel of Railway Protection Force (RPF)/ Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF).
For various privileges under PMSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 9. What is Police Salary Package?
PA special savings account offered to Police personnel of Central Police Organisations, State Governments and Union Territories, and employees/ Jawans of Home Guards. For various benefits under PSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 10. What is Indian Coast Guard Salary Package (ICGSP)?
A special savings account offered to personnel of the Indian Coast Guard, who have their Salary/Pension accounts with SBI. For various privileges under ICGSP, For various benefits under ICGS, please visit Salary Account.
- 11. What is Corporate Salary Package (CSP)?
A special savings account offered to regular employees of Private/ Public Sector Corporates, Public Sector Undertakings, Private Institutions, Promoter/ Founders/ Co-founders of Start-Ups etc. and on rolls Contractual Employees of the Bank as well as Private/ Public/ Govt. Sector Corporates/ Institutions/ Departments. For various benefits under CSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 12. What is Start Up Salary Package (SUSP)?
A special savings account offered by the bank to Employees / Promoter/ Founders / Co-founders of start Ups, registered with Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). For various benefits under SUSP, please visit Salary Account.
- 13. How can one open a Salary Package Account with SBI?
A salaried person can approach SBI in any of the following ways:
- Request a call back at Salary Account and our Sales team will contact you within 5 working days.
- Walk to the nearest SBI Branch.
- 14. What are the documents required for opening a salary account?
The following documents are needed:
- Passport size photographs (2 nos.)
- Proof of Identity and Address as per standard account opening process (Officially Valid Documents)
- Proof of Employment
- Latest Salary slip
- Joint Accounts: For joint accounts, the Proof of Identity & Proof of Address (Officially Valid Documents) are required for both the applicant as well as the joint applicant(s).
For more details, please contact your nearest branch or visit Salary Account
- 15. I already have an existing savings account with SBI. Can it be converted to Salary Account?
Yes. Existing saving account with SBI can also be converted to Salary Package account. Please contact your branch in this regard
- 16. What are the variants of accounts available to the customer
Four variants, namely Silver, Gold, Diamond and Platinum are available, depending on the level of the employee's net monthly salary or Rank/ Designation of the employee. These variants have different facilities on offer.For more details, visit Salary Account.
- 17. Is upgradation from one variant to another variant possible?
Yes. On production of proof of net salary per month/ increase in rank or designation, which makes him/her eligible for higher variant of the account, the branch will upgrade the account to the eligible variant e.g. from Gold to Diamond or Diamond to Platinum, etc. For benefits under different variants, visit Salary Account.
- 18. Is there any insurance coverage for customer having Salary Package Account with SBI?
Complementary Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) and Air Accident Insurance (AAI) cover is provided to our Salary Package Account holders. Maximum coverage amount depends upon the type & variant of the Salary Package account. For more details, visit Salary Account.
- 19. What is Reimbursement Current Account (RCA)?
Reimbursement Current Accounts are offered to Employees maintaining Salary Account under Corporate Salary Package (CSP)/ Start Up Salary Package (SUSP) to get credit of various reimbursements other than salary paid by Employer. The account is a Current Account with Zero Balance feature and no annual maintenance charges. It is linked to primary Salary Account. The same ATM cum Debit Card issued to the Salary Account can be linked to Reimbursement Current Account. Cash deposit facility is not available in this accoun
- 20. Can I apply for Salary Package Account online?
One may apply for opening a new Salary Account online. Request a call back on Salary Account and our Sales team will contact you for further assistance.
- 21. How do I get my account transferred to one State Bank branch to another?
Our Core Banking facility allows you to continue with the same account at all our Branches. However for transfer of an account, you would to need to submit an application/ request letter to your home branch or get your Account transferred through Internet Banking.
- 22. Can I Continue to enjoy the Salary Account benefits if I change my Job?
You may continue to draw your salary through same Salary Package Account even in the case of change of employer. You would need to intimate your employer about your existing Bank details, so that the monthly salary credits are routed through the same account. You would also need to intimate your Bank branch for the required change in employer mapping with the Bank.
- 23. What happens to my existing Salary Package Account if there are no Salary Credits to the account?
In case, the monthly salary is not credited into the account for more than 3 consecutive months, the special features offered under Salary Package will stand withdrawn and the account shall be treated as Normal Savings Account and all charges shall be levied and applied as applicable to normal savings accounts.
- 24. What is Auto Sweep Facility?
This is a facility to transfer your money to a fixed deposit account from Savings account to earn higher interest once your balance in the SB account reaches the threshold balance of Rs. 35000/-. If the balance in the account is not sufficient to honour a cheque/ ATM withdrawal, the system automatically pre closes the fixed deposit/ or part of it and credits the same to your SB accoun
- 25. What are the features and Benefits of Overdraft facility in salary package account?
The features and benefits of the overdraft facility in Salary Package Account are:
- Up to 2 times Net Monthly Salary, Overdraft limit set up on the existing CSP account*
- No processing fees
- Repayable in 6 months
- Freedom to use limit through Cheque book, ATM, online transfer, etc.
- Interest payable only on the utilized amount. Monthly Salary and other Credits in the account help save interest.
*Terms & Conditions Apply. Overdraft facility at the sole discretion of SBI. For more details, please contact your branch.
- 26.Who is eligible for Overdraft facility?
Gold and above variant Salary Package accounts with minimum 6 months of residual service and your salary account with us has regular salary credits.
- 27. How many Salary Credit are required in my existing account to qualify for Overdraft?
Minimum 6 consecutive salary credits are required.
- 28. Can Overdraft facility be availed through Internet Banking?
Overdraft facility through Internet Banking is being offered only to pre-selected Gold and above variant of Salary Package Customers.
- 29. What is the concession available to Salary Package Customer for availing Locker facility?
Up to 25% concession on annual locker rental as per eligibility.
- 30. What is the total number of free draft available for Salary Package Customer Per month?
A Salary Package customer gets Drafts without issuance charges.
- 31. What is the total number of free ATM transactions at SBI ATMs available for Salary Package Customer Per month?
A Salary Package customer gets unlimited free ATM transactions at SBG ATMs per month.
- 32. What is the total number of free ATM transactions at other Banks’ ATMs available for Salary Package customer per month?
A Salary Package customer can avail unlimited free ATM transactions at other Banks’ ATMs per month.
- 33. What are the NEFT/ RTGS charges applicable for Salary Package customer?
Free to all Salary Package customers through digital channel
- 34. Which Debit card is issued for Salary Package customers?
Debit Cards are issued free of cost to all Salary Package customers and annual maintenance charges are also waived. Issuance of Debit Card depends upon the variant of the Salary Account as under:
- Platinum: International Platinum Debit Card with withdrawal limit of Rs. 1 lakh (or equivalent in foreign currency) per day
- Diamond: International Gold Debit Card with withdrawal limit of Rs. 50,000/- (or equivalent in foreign currency) per day
- Gold: International Gold Debit Card with withdrawal limit of Rs. 50,000/- (or equivalent in foreign currency) per day
- Silver: Domestic Classic Debit Card with withdrawal limit of Rs. 20,000/- per day
- 35. Can an Add on Card be issued for joint account?
Add on card for parent/ spouse can be issued free of cost for joint account holder under Salary Package.
- 36. Is National Pension System (NPS) available for Salary Package customers?
National Pension System (NPS) facility is available for all Salary Package customers. Remittance can be made by deposit of cash at any SBI branch or by transfer through Internet Banking. For more details, please contact your branch.
- 37. Is Public Provident Fund (PPF) available for Salary Package customers?
Public Provident fund (PPF) is available for all Salary Package customers. Remittance can be made by deposit of cash at any SBI branch or by transfer through Internet Banking. For more details, please contact your branch.
- 38. What is Family savings Account “SBI Rishtey”?
Salaried Customers of SBI can open their family member Savings Bank accounts with differentiated features from Regular Savings Bank Account under “SBI Rishtey”.
- 39. Who can open Family savings account “SBI Rishtey”?
Gold and above variants Salary Package Customers can open family savings accounts for his/her Parents, Spouse, Children and Siblings. Maximum four individual account can be linked as family savings account.
- 40. What are the benefits of Family Savings Account “SBI Rishtey”?
Following benefits are available under Family Savings accounts “SBI Rishtey”
- Minimum Balance requirement waived
- b) No issuance charge for Debit card
- c) Demand Draft issuance charges waived
- d) Auto sweep facility available