NETC Fast Tag - Personal Banking
What is SBI FASTag.
SBI FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions. The tag can be purchased from Tag issuers and if it is linked to the prepaid account, then you need to recharge/ top up the tag as per your requirement.
Benefits of the SBI FASTag
- Save Time, Fuel and Money
- Easy recharge/Top up of the FASTag account through authorised service providers of SBI across country.
- Online recharge of the SBI FASTag through dedicated online portal for the customer through credit card, debit card, net banking, wallets etc.
- You can view transaction history, toll payment history, balance in the account etc. in the customer portal
- For more details please contact us on 1800 11 0018
FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly while the vehicle is in motion. FASTag (RFID Tag) is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and enables a customer to make the toll payments directly from the account which is linked to FASTag. FASTag is operational at over 950 toll plazas, including all NH toll plazas and over 200 State toll plazas in Indi
A. For Road Users
- Near non-stop motion through toll plazas
- Convenience for cashless payment of toll fee
- Less traffic congestion and reduced commute times
- Toll statements can be downloaded online from customer portal
B. For Toll Operator
- Lower operating costs
- Better audit control through centralized user accounts
- Improved capacity without being required to build more infrastructure
C. For Government
- Savings on fuel and reduction of emissions from idling and repeated stops at toll plazas.
- Improves transparency of toll transactions
Yes. As per amendments in the Central Motor Vehicles Rules (CMVR) 1989 by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, FASTag is mandatory for all class M & N vehicles (four wheelers and above, carrying goods and/or passengers) w.e.f. 1st January 2021.
Yes. As per amendments in the CMVR 1989 by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, FASTag has been made mandatory while getting a new 3rd party insurance w.e.f. 1 April 2021.
FASTag is a flagship programme of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways & NHAI. Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL), a company promoted by NHAI has been mandated to implement FASTag programme in India.
National Payments Corporation of India has been engaged to provide Clearing & Settlement House (CCH) services for this FASTag Programm
A blacklisted tag means the tag which has been blocked by the issuer bank and cannot be used to pay toll at a toll plaza. There are various reasons of blacklisting of tag, i.e. Tag is not having sufficient balance in FASTag account. In such cases Customer may call the bank’s call center numbers (toll free) and get the reason of blacklist. To avoid Blacklisting of tag, customer should recharge his / her tag when he/she gets the alert of low balance from his/her bank.
Also, FASTag may get blacklisted in case of any violation such as vehicle – tag class mismatch, non-affixation on the windscreen and carrying in hand, etc.
The physical tag has a validity of 5 years and after purchasing, Customer only need to recharge/ top up the tag as per your usage.
The categorization is primarily based on the size and load they carry and type of use (Commercial/Retail) of a vehicle.
A customer can visit our web portal https://fastag.onlinesbi.com for online issuance of SBI FASTag . Customer can approach our any PoS location in the country for offline issuance also. Please check PoS/Agent location for more details.
Since the SBI FASTag is a prepaid instrument, KYC documentation would be required as per the KYC policy of the Bank. Apart from the KYC documentation, the Customer need to submit copy of Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle along with the application for SBI FASTag. The SBI FASTag is linked to a prepaid account, then it can be issued as per below defined limits:
By accepting minimum details: This type of FASTag cannot have more than Rs. 10,000*/- balance limit in their FASTag (Prepaid) account. The monthly reload limit is also capped at Rs. 10,000/- and the total amount loaded during the financial year shall not exceed Rs.1,20,000/-.
Requirements: PAN, Vehicle RC Copy & Photo of the customer.
Customer onboarded with minimum details need to be converted into KYC compliant customer within a period of 24 months* from the date of issuance of tag, failing which no further credit shall be allowed in FASTag wallet. However, the customer will be allowed to use the balance available in the wallet.
(*Periodicity and amount may change from time to time as prescribed by RBI/Bank.)
KYC compliant FASTag: This type of FASTag account cannot have more than Rs. 2 Lakh balance limit in their FASTag (prepaid) account. There is no monthly reload cap in this account.
Requirements: Full KYC details (as per Bank policy from time to time), PAN, Vehicle RC Copy & Photo of the customer.
Please visit https://fastag.onlinesbi.com . Your registered Mobile number for SBI FASTag is the default login ID and default password will be sent through SMS on your registered mobile number. If you do not receive the default password by SMS, please click on forgot password link available on the login page, to get your password on your registered mobile number with SBI FASTag.
Customer can check their tag balance, download statements, recharge their tags through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card and UPI, lodge its complaint and surrender his/her tag through portal.
Yes, SMS are being sent five times by our Bank at interval of 180/90/60/30/15 days before date of expiry for KYC updation. Finally, SMS is being sent on date of expiry advising the customer that account has been blocked for top up due to non-receipt of KYC details and are advised to contact nearest agent to upgrade to full KYC.
We are also flashing pop up message just after login to customer portal who were onboarded with minimum details and not upgraded their account in Full KYC from six months before the expiry of minimum detail (24 months from the date of onboarding ).
You will be restricted from recharging the wallet if you have not upgraded your KYC post 2 years of completion as a Non-KYC wallet customer. However, you will be able to use the existing balance for toll transactions till your tags are marked “Low Balance” and blocked from using further.
a) PPIs up to Rs. 10,000 with loading from Bank Account:- Customer can update their account by login to the SBI FASTag Portal https://fastag.onlinesbi.com and under “Regulatory guidelines”. Customer can do only online recharge. Cash recharge is disabled in this type.
b) Customer can contact any nearest PoS/ Agents. Details of PoS /Agents are available at Customer Web Portal https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/
. c) Customer can lodge his/her issue at https://crcf.sbi.co.in/ccf This link is also available at SBI FASTag web portal https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/
FASTag recharge can be done both by paying cash or online.
- SBI FASTag can be recharged by visiting SBI FASTag web portal https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/
- On submitting user credentials, a wallet associated with SBI FASTag can be recharged via net banking, debit / credit card and UPI.
- SBI FASTag can also be recharged via UPI on “My FASTag App” developed by IHMCL.
- Auto top up facility for bulk fleet operators by linking their SBI Bank account. Contact our Helpdesk for support.
- Recharge your SBI FASTag using any of the UPI enabled Apps through UPI Handle – “NETC.<Vehicle Number>@sbi”.
- SBI FASTag can be recharged through BBPS, YONO, Google Pay, Phone Pe & Paytm etc.
- YONO: - a) YONO Pay>FASTag> Recharge FASTag through UPI
- b) Bill payments> Quick Bill Pay> FASTag> Biller Location-National > SBI NETC FASTag
- Phone Pe: - Recharge & Pay Bills > FASTag Recharge> SBI NETC FASTag
- Google Pay: - Pay Bills> FASTag> SBI FASTag
- Paytm: - Recharges & Bill Payment > Transit > FASTag Recharge > State Bank of India
- Recharge your SBI FASTag in cash can be done by visiting any SBI FASTag Agent. It is restricted to Rs.50,000/- per wallet in a month subject to overall limit of PPI. Details of PoS /Agents are available at https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/PoSAgentLocations
If customer has recharged the Tag and amount debited from account but not credited to his/her FASTag account, Customer can lodge his/her complaint at https://crcf.sbi.co.in/ccf This link is also available at SBI FASTag web portal https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/ under support and Helpline number.
Only vehicles fitted with FASTag are allowed to enter FASTag lanes of NH toll plazas. MoRTH has already directed to convert all lanes in each direction as FASTag lane. A vehicle without valid FASTag entering FASTag lane will be charged double the applicable toll amount in cash.
Customers will receive an SMS alert on their registered phone number each time an amount is deducted from their FASTag wallet. Fee payable on each NH toll plaza is displayed at every toll plaza and can also be viewed online on website of NHAI.
You can report an incorrect deduction by lodging your complaint at https://crcf.sbi.co.in/ccf within 40 days of the transaction date failing which it will be construed that all charges are acceptable to the Customer and in order. After receipt of complaint on portal, Bank would raise a Chargeback on behalf of you to recover the money that has been charged wrongly by Toll Plaza. This Chargeback process normally takes up to 20-30 working days. All incorrect deductions, if proven so, are reverted back post representing the case with Toll Plaza.
In case of such a scenario, a complaint may be lodged with respective Project Directors at the toll plaza. Further, the incident may be reported at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on toll free number 1033.
Normally one vehicle is assigned with one FASTag issued by a bank. However, under circumstances, if the vehicle user is not satisfied with the service of a bank, he/she can get new FASTag assigned provided that the earlier tag has not been blacklisted by the bank due to various issues such as non-payment of toll, etc.
No, as per guidelines FASTag is issued to each vehicle based on RC copy of the vehicle. If there is mismatch, the ETC system at the toll plaza will detect the class mismatch and the FASTag is liable to be ‘blacklisted’ by the issuer bank and no new FASTag can be issued further against that vehicle number. FASTag users are advised to desist from such practice.
One may download “My FASTag App” of IHMCL – and check the real-time balance in the FASTag wallet assigned with the vehicle number.
- Green for Active tag with sufficient balance
- Orange for tags with low balance and
- Red for blacklisted tags.
This feature shall help FASTag user with sufficient FASTag wallet balance to pass through a toll lane by showing the tag status of the assigned vehicle, in case the tag status has not been updated in the toll plaza server due to various reasons.
FASTag system provides a unified and interoperable Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) solution. Currently, FASTag is operational at over 200 state toll plazas across India.
A pilot on parking payment via FASTag has also been carried out at Hyderabad International airport.
It is also envisaged to extend the usage of FASTag to other vehicular payments such as fuel payment, e-challan and various other payments at wayside amenities.
Yes, FASTag purchased earlier shall also work as long as it has got sufficient balance and it is not tampered.
In case the FASTag gets damaged, you as a vehicle owner / user should approach Bank and request them for a replacement. You can contact your nearest PoS/Agent or lodge your request to https://crcf.sbi.co.in/ccf. Both links are available at SBI FASTag Customer Web Portal
FASTag shall work on all NH toll plazas and selective SH toll plazas across the country. FASTag users can travel seamlessly from one state to another state without any change in FASTag
All discounts pass - local passes or monthly passes, exemption from Toll fees (for specific categories of vehicles), return fare discount, etc. can be configured in the FASTag. As per Govt. rules all discounts on toll fee are applicable.
Monthly pass for a toll plaza will be issued at that particular toll plaza or the POS locations set by the Acquirer Bank of the toll plaza. If you are registered tag holder, you need to visit the toll plaza or the Acquirer Bank POS locations and request for the particular pass scheme. National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) with the help of NHAI and banks have implemented the issuance of monthly pass on FASTag through an easy online option. Existing FASTag users can avail this facility by following the below steps:
- Open IHMCL portal www.ihmcl.co.in and Click on “Buy monthly FASTag Pass" link.
- Select the toll plaza name and enter the captcha.
- Then you will get redirected to the acquiring bank page where you can enter Tag ID or VRN (Vehicle Registration Number)
- Now select the pass type, pass scheme and continue with payment.
- You will be issued a receipt on successful payment. Print the receipt or download for future reference.
There is no need to purchase a new RFID tag to avail a monthly pass scheme at any toll plaza. The FASTag already purchased by you can be configured with the monthly scheme.
The Customer may at any point of time, request for closure of the Tag Account online by logging in to customer portal https://fastag.onlinesbi.com and submitting documents as required or by SBI policy/process prescribed in this regard from time to time. Thereafter, the balance amount (if any) remaining in the related Tag Account would be returned to the Customer in his/her bank account. In case of negative balance, the Tag holder need to settle all outstanding amount first and then closure of Tag will be processed. It will be assumed that Customer has peeled off the tag and destroyed it. Customer will be liable for any transaction occurred on tag till completion of surrender process of tag.
- a) You can call our Contact Center Toll Free Number: 1800-11-0018
- b) You can lodge your complaint to https://crcf.sbi.co.in/ccf. This links is also available at SBI FASTag Customer Web Portal.
- c) MORTH/NHAI/IHMCL has launched 1033 helpline number for addressing FASTag complaints at toll plaza level. Customer can simply dial 1033 from Mobile/Landline for the following issues:
- Stopped at the plaza for Tag blacklist reason even though Tag is not blacklisted.
- Plaza not accepting FASTag.
- Plaza not able to read the Tag.
- Plaza not supporting for monthly pass issuance.
Fees & Other Charges
|Sr. No.||Vehicle Class No.||Particulars||Tag Cost||Security Amount (Refundable)||Minimum Balance||TopUp||Total|
|Sr. No.||Vehicle Class No.||Particulars||Tag Cost||Security Amount (Refundable)||Minimum Balance||TopUp||Total|
|1||4||Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||0||0||0||200||200|
|2||5||Light Commercial Vehicle||0||0||300||0||300|
|3||6||Three Axle Commercial Vehicles||0||0||300||0||300|
|5||12||4 to 6 axle||0||0||300||0||300|
|6||15||7 or More Axle||0||0||300||0||300|
|7||16||Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||0||0||300||0||300|
- Minimum Balance is the minimum recharge amount to be done at the time of FASTag activation.
- Security amount would be applicable as per the vehicle class and will be refunded to the customer at the time of closure of FASTag account.
Last Updated On : Friday, 03-03-2023